I recently got accepted to graduate school and it's turning out to be a huge dilemma for me as to whether I want to go or not. I keep going back and forth as to whether I want to become an English teacher or go into Non-Profit Management next fall. Both have pros and cons, both cost money and both don't offer the most promising career potential. I've been waiting for a full time job to come along to get me on my feet and allow me to save a little money, but it's just not happening and nothing seems to be out there for me to apply to. All of the jobs I find I'm either barely qualified or I'm just not interested. I suck at the job I have right now which is pretty relevant to being a teacher. However, I work with middle school kids and we all know that preteens are not the easiest demographic to work with.
Because I've been rejected so many times by jobs in the past 5 months and I suck at my current job, my confidence has plummeted. I worked so hard during AmeriCorps to achieve a sense of what I want from life and gained so much confidence and now it seems to be dwindling. I was on such a high at the end of AmeriCorps and just went to low low low. I don't think it can go any lower!
I'm really stretching to figure out what I want and everyone keeps telling me to go with my gut. I don't have anything in my gut right now. So I may just go with what's being offered to me. School and a focus.
No comments:
Post a Comment